Undisclosed location, Sept. 10: Asserting that Pakistani forces have started fresh waves of military operations across Balochistan, Baloch Republican Party representative at the United Nations Human rights council Abdul Nawaz Bugti has stated that in different parts of Dera Bugti, people are now being abducted.
"Baloch civil populace have been attacked and more than 19 baloch civilians, including women and children, all belonging to the same family have been abducted. An innocent baloch man was killed in the operation in Dera Bugti. Similarly, many parts of naseerbabad district were also attacked and Baloch civilians were harassed and many of them have been abducted," Bugti said.
He further stated that in Turbat area, a political worker's house is under siege since the past four days and his family, mostly women and children including an infant are starving.
Bugti also emphasised that Pakistani forces have denied access to them including their own human rights organisations, who are not being allowed to visit them.
"It is the time that international media raises their voices and helps save baloch from the inhuman atrocities committed by Pakistani forces on a daily basis in Balochistan," the activist said in a message.
Earlier, welcoming Prime Minister Narendra Modi's statement on Balochistan in his Independence Day address, several Baloch activists claimed that the people of the region support him and he should take up the Baloch issue with the international community at the United Nations.
Last month, in a bid to highlight the ongoing Baloch genocide and human rights violations and the disappearance of Baloch people through the hands of Pakistani military and intelligence agencies in Balochistan, the Baloch National Movement (BNM) Germany chapter held demonstrations in different cities.
Many activists are asserting that since 2003, more than 23,000 activists, students, lawyers, women, journalists, writers and human rights defenders have been enforced disappeared by the Pakistani army and its death squads. (ANI)