Microsoft is yet to make any official announcement related to the release of its latest hybrid device but Asus has already jumped into the fray with its Transformer 3 Pro, which is set to emerge as a tough competitor for Surface Pro 5.
Christian Times reported that the Surface Pro 5 will inherit its appearance from its Surface Pro 4 predecessor in terms of build and design. It is expected that the device will sport a tablet body with an optional detachable keyboard.
The Redmond-based firm's Pro 5 is expected to come out with a 2736 x 1824 IPS LCD screen which includes a pixel density of 267ppi. Some reports, however, said that the device may get a highly advanced 4K Ultra HD screen with a 3,840 x 2,160 display resolution.
The new Asus Transformer 3 Pro looks quite similar to Microsoft Surface Pro devices from touch screens, kickstands, and detachable keyboards, Engadget reported. The Transformer 3 and its Transformer 3 variant both have a 12.6-inch screen with 2,880 x 1,920 display resolution, 275-ppi pixel density and wide viewing angles.
The BitBag also reported some similarities between Transformer 3 Pro and Surface Pro 5:
1. USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3 connections
2. Harmon Kardon speakers
3. USB 3.0 and HDMI ports
4. Compatibility with ASUS accessories such as the Pen, a Universal Dock, an AudioPod (a quad speaker with surround sound) and the ROG XG Station 2 (a VR-ready graphics dock that gives the two-in-one devices the power of a desktop computer)
5. Both are available in Icicle Gold and Glacier Gray color editions
6. Intel Core i7 processor with up to 1TB PCIe SSD and 16GB of 2133MHz RAM
7. 13-megapixel rear camera (plus a selfie one in front)
8. Camera in both hybrids are used for facial recognition using Windows Hello