New Delhi: The juvenile convicted for his role in the 2012 Delhi gang-rape case, also known as Nirbhaya case, will be released from special home on December 22 but won't be "freed".
After being released from special home, the convict, who is now 21, will be in the custody of an NGO for a year, sources informed NDTV.
But victim's mother Asha Devi Singh told NDTV that though the juvenile will be kept in NGO for one more year, for her he is free.
Last month, the parents of the victim had wanted that the face of juvenile convict, who was the "most brutal" of all the six offenders, should be made public before he is released citing "he is a threat to the society."
In November, a report had claimed that the Delhi Police was considering charging the juvenile under the strict National Security Act (NSA).
Union Minister Maneka Gandhi on December 01, 2015, said that she has written a letter to the Home Ministry demanding that those indicted of sexual abuse and having served time in prison, should be tracked once released.
A physiotherapy student was brutally raped and assaulted with an iron rod after she was misled into boarding an unregistered private bus to go home with a male friend on December 16, 2012.